2022 Virtual Festival Workshop Submissions
KCACTF serves all manner of institutions of higher learning – 2 year community colleges, 2 year conservatory training, 4 year liberal arts colleges, state universities, and 3-4 year BFA and MFA programs. Faculty, visiting artists and professionals in the field have something to offer these students – a specialty topic, a unique approach or innovative technology, a peek at advanced training. We are particularly interested in workshops that center historically marginalized and underrepresented groups, workshops that explore theatre for social change, and any offering that empowers the students to achieve their full potential as citizen artists.
Due to COVID-19, our festival will be held in a virtual environment, and we will be offering a variety of asynchronous and synchronous learning opportunities. We request that you identify whether your proposed workshop is best suited for asynchronous or synchronous delivery, and indicate which days / times that you are available.
For 2022, we are particularly searching for Workshops that center one or more of the following themes:
- Embracing Consent Based Practices – theatrical intimacy, fight choreography, devising, improvisation and more
- Nurturing the Whole Artist (something along the lines of self-care/advocacy)
- Expanding Your Creative Process – subject matter expertise
- “Post” Pandemic Theatre – safety, innovation and cultural shifts
- Fostering Equitable and Inclusive Creative Spaces
For more information, contact:
Co-Chair, Region 1