Here is a summary of the Region 1 NPP timelines for play selection, auditions and rehearsals.
NEW PLAY SELECTION
- Tuesday, December 1 – Friday, December 4: Accepted playwrights contacted
- Friday, December 11: Accepted playwrights must confirm and commit to registering and attending the festival.
- Monday, December 14: Directors assigned to playwrights
- January 4: Dramaturgs assigned to plays
- January 4-11: Possible Playwright/Dramaturg/Director meetings
- Early January: Stage managers assigned
- Friday, January 7: Auditions due at 11:59pm
- Students submit a one (1) minute monologue of their choosing, or choose from one of these monologues:
- Monologues do not have to be memorized.
- UPLOAD your recorded monologue to an UNLISTED YOUTUBE LINK (instructions here)
- Please slate your Video as follows: “Hello, my name is (First Name_Last Name) and I will be performing (a selection from “title of show”/Audition Monologue x).” PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR SCHOOL NAME
- Submit your Audition by January 7th
- Saturday, January 8 – Sunday, January 11: Playwrights and Directors view auditions
- Monday, January 11: 7pm Casting Session
- Monday, January 11: Actors notified
- Wednesday, January 12 – Monday, January 24: Rehearsals
- Ten-Minute plays (2) two-hour rehearsals
- One Acts (2) 3-hour rehearsals
- These will be scheduled by the Directors and Stage managers and rehearsals are
NEW PLAYS PRESENTATIONS at Festival 54