The Region 1 Student Advisory Board (SAB) ensures that Region 1 fully supports college-aged theatre artists in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, eastern New York, Rhode Island and Vermont by advocating for and centering student voices, providing feedback on Region 1 festival programming, and acting as a liaison and conduit of communication between Region 1
faculty leadership and students.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A Region 1 Student Advisory Board Member is a representative of the students who participate in KCACTF Region 1 and serves as a liaison between students and the leadership of Region 1.
SAB members also act as advisors to KCACTF Region 1.
The responsibilities of a Region 1 SAB member include:
- Giving feedback on new and existing Region 1 programming and practices
- Providing a forum for Region 1 students who participate in KCACTF and bring their voices to faculty leadership
- Attending regular meetings of the Region 1 SAB, as well as seasonal or topical meetings as needed
- Communicating about Region 1 developments/programs to students in their region
- Attending the Region 1 festival
- Hosting an event for students at the Region 1 festival
In order to be a Region 1 SAB member, a student must be:
- A student in good standing
- Someone with a good sense of humor
- An active member of their theatre community
- Solutions-oriented and committed to the growth of KCACTF
If you are interested in joining the Region 1 Student Advisory Board, please submit this interest form; we will be in touch to schedule an interview and discuss next steps!