2023 Festival Workshop Submissions
KCACTF serves all manner of institutions of higher learning – 2 year community colleges, 2 year conservatory training, 4 year liberal arts colleges, state universities, and 3-4 year BFA and MFA programs. Faculty, visiting artists and professionals in the field have something to offer these students – a specialty topic, a unique approach or innovative technology, a peek at advanced training. We are particularly interested in workshops that center historically marginalized and underrepresented groups, workshops that explore theatre for social change, and any offering that empowers the students to achieve their full potential as citizen artists.
We are planning a resumption of our in-person Festival experience as we return to Cape Cod, Massachusetts for Festival 55! While we intend to prioritize the shared in-person experience, we recognize that some guests may not be able to travel to Cape Cod. We intend to also provide select programming in an asynchronous, hybrid or entirely virtual format. Please use the form below to indicate which would work best for you as well as indicate which days that you are available.
For 2023, we are particularly searching for Workshops that center one or more of the following themes:
- Building and Sustaining a Life in the Arts – resumes, budgeting, unions, self-promotion, networking and more
- Embracing Consent Based Practices – theatrical intimacy, fight choreography, devising, improvisation and more
- Expanding Your Creative Process – deep dives into techniques and process
- Fostering Equitable and Inclusive Creative Spaces – captioning, translation, accessibility, season building and more
- Nurturing the Whole Artist (self-care/advocacy) – healthy practice, self-care, work/life balance, and more