STEP 1: Let us know what you’re interested in doing at Festival 56
In order to receive all deadlines and information for the various area tracks at the festival (acting, directing, playwriting, etc.), all student participants must fill out a Program Information Form. It is important to select ALL the areas in which you wish to participate, including ones for which you were nominated, or for which you plan to self-nominate.
The Program Information Form is required of all student participants. This form is NOT your festival registration. That happens in Step 2!
STEP 2: Register for the Festival
For schools to register their faculty and students, each school must create a registration account. The Account Owner is the person responsible for registration payment. This is usually a faculty member or administrator coordinating KCACTF activities for your school.
Please follow this Registration Link to create your account, register participants, and pay.
If students or faculty members are registering individually, use the same Registration Link to create your individual account, register yourself, and pay.
Before registering yourself, confirm if your school is registering you! We do not want anyone to pay for duplicate registrations.
For all Registrations:
If you need to edit or add festival registrations, please use this Registration Lookup and Modification Form. Make sure that you use the same email address for all registration activities.
* Please note that Virtual Registrations will only be able to attend select programs designed for hybrid formatting. Our goal is to have programming each day, but it will not be a complete schedule, and it may not allow for full program participation. Additionally, this will not include viewing of Invited Productions.
Refunds or fee adjustments are only available until 14 days prior to the Festival (January 16th).
Any student experiencing financial hardship, and whose school is unable to support them, may apply for a registration fee waiver by emailing [email protected]. We have limited scholarships available and will explore all options to help support students in their goals.
STEP 3: Reserve your Hotel Rooms
Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
100 Capital Boulevard Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06067 Phone: 1-860-257-6000
Directions From Sheraton to CCSU
Hotel rates for 2024 are as follows:
Rates are Per Room, Per Night: $109 plus 15% Room Tax ($125.35 inclusive of tax)
Single/Double/Triple/Quad (Max of 4 Adults Per Room)
Be sure to make your hotel reservations early, as the hotel will book up quickly! Students should check with their school to see whether the school or the student will submit registration and hotel info.
- Room configurations consist of One King Bed or Two Double Beds only.
- Please note: ROLL AWAY BEDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS HOTEL.
- All hotel rooms must be reserved and paid for before January 1, 2024. After this date, any unreserved rooms will be released to the public.
- The reservation will only allow for three rooms to be booked per transaction. If your school needs more than three rooms, you will need to submit multiple hotel reservations.
- Any room cancellations must be made with the hotel directly.
A Note about Food at Festival:
CCSU is offering a pre-purchase meal plan that can be loaded to a conference dining card for the first 300 students who would like to sign up. Swipe your card at the Memorial Dining Hall for convenient on-campus breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our on-campus dining offers a variety of meals for vegetarians, vegans, and those with food sensitivities and allergies.
**Meal Card Purchase Instructions will be added soon**
Cards can be preloaded with:
4 meals = 55.00
8 meals = 110.00
12 meals = 165.00
Light Lunch 2:00-4:00
Saturday and Sunday
Please note, meal plans are non-transferable and cannot be shared. These meals are only redeemable at Memorial Dining Hall and cannot be used in the Student Center at Devil’s Den. Devil’s Den can only accommodate CCSU students.
For off-campus dining options, please see this convenient list of nearby locations. Off-Campus Food Options